torsdag 9. oktober 2008

Status Quo: Fall Edition












Today I sewed half of a shirt dress. I think it will look good when it's done, but there was a great amount of cursing involved and threats of trowing different sewing machines out the window and down four floors. Stupid overlock machine. Temper, temper.

I love my art and design classes at school and life is so much more relaxed these days. I actually have time off! How about that? I'm currently reading James Frey, whom I've already fallen in love with. The books are nothing but incredible and I would encourage everyone to look at A Million Little Pieces. I can't remember the last time a book moved me like that one. Harsh and brutal and heartbreaking. But beautiful. Truly and utterly beautiful.

I like Oslo more and more, which may seem like a strange statement concidering I've lived here my whole life. But there's something about this new change of pace. Less stress and therefore more time to actually walk around and look at things. New gallery openings, fall leaves, the Royal Castle in the morning with business men walking by with Newsweek under their arms, hot coffee in one hand, briefcase in the others.

Buying art books because I actually have to for a change, not just because I'm bored of my other curriculum and need creative stimuli. Drinking beer with friends on weekdays, discovering the wonder that is Twin Peaks and painting my fingernails white. Clean as snow. Missing my best friend that's in India. Planning trip to Paris to visit another girlfriend. Looking forward to red wine and seeing the Seine at night. Dancing.

All in all. Fall is good. I even like the rain.

Ingen kommentarer: